Clive had his surgery on February 8, 2011. He recovered very quickly and has taken over the house! You can read his progress reports below, and you can also look for Clive's Story on Facebook where you will find more recent updates and photos of Clive!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Just got Clive home,,,,,,

   

He seems to be doing pretty well. He ate first thing when he got home and then paced around a lot. He didn't like the ride home in the car at and I think that got him pretty agitated but now he is sleeping on my arm (makes typing rather difficult). He is confused by his e-collar but it's one of the soft ones so it gives a little when he hits stuff with it so that helps a bit. Ty seems confused by his new attire as well. You can't really see his scar that well in the pics but it's really large! He is shaved on both sides of his body and you can really see how underweight he is now. Time to start fattening him up I hope. The surgeon said she was able to pass a large tube down his esophagus into his stomach while he was under anesthesia so that's a good sign. He will be on special medication as I mentioned in an earlier post (in addition to pain meds) but it has to be compounded so I have to pick it up at a special pharmacy in a few days. I am supposed to keep him "quiet" and "calm" for two weeks now which is going to be really hard as active as he likes to be but I will try.....the grand total was $1990. Thanks so much to everyone who donated and everyone who sent such great vibes his way.....

5 comments:

  1. Look at him! Up and running around already after that big surgery! Good luck keeping a kitten quiet & calm! lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding....I would be lay around in the fetal position if I had a gash like that on me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah real cute. he looks a lot like Starburst actually but a lighter shade of gray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been keeping up with Clive's blog and I am so glad he is doing well. He looks like such a sweet kitten and I am thrilled that he gets a chance to live a long, wonderful life!

    ReplyDelete